Earlier this month, I had a chance to sit down with Erica Bizzari and discuss how Paychex leverages its internal collaboration between PR and SEO to win at SEO.
In this webinar, Bizzari, who is the SEO & Content Marketing Manager at Paychex, discussed the challenges of trying to go it alone with industry outreach and how actively collaborating with their PR team made a world of difference. Due to this democratization of effort, Paychex was able to go from low-performance content to active engagement and promotion from HR industry thought-leaders.
Bizzari outlined her 5 Tips for Building a Relationship with Your PR Team as follows:
- Get Buy-In – Show the mutual benefits of collaborating and how each team’s efforts can be synergistic.
- Share Everything – From lists to tools, from knowledge to resources, share everything you can with your new friends.
- Set Goals and Create a Process – Clearly define what your goals are and divvy up the responsibilities that will lead to success.
- Communicate Constantly – Establish a cadence for communication, meet regularly to go over results and adjust activities accordingly.
- Measure Results – Monitor your results and share in the collective success of your efforts. Don’t hog the limelight.
Below is a downloadable copy of the presentation: